A perspective on Chogyam Trungpa


As a preview of our work at GiftBiography.com, we provide a "glimpse" into the stories of well-known people such as...


Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

My familiarity with Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche comes from his books, especially Shambhala: Sacred Path of the Warrior, which I discovered as a teenager. This book taught me that gentleness and precision were the prerequisites for magic, and that the "ordinary" world is sacred. Trungpa turned the world into a magical place for me, and it has remained that way. Now I know the importance of sitting upright and open in meditation, surrendering to everything and opening my chest. Now I know the relationship of courage to gentleness, and the relationship of sacredness to ordinary things.

Trungpa is known for his ability to reach unlikely students with the teachings of Buddhism by making Buddhism understandable to westerners like me. My "glimpse" of Trungpa was initially shaped by my perspective as an aspiring martial artist. Having recently earned my driver's license, I was exploring faraway martial arts schools, and I was attracted to the title of this book because of its reference to "warriorship." Many seventeen year-old boys like to think they are warriors. Trungpa was able to convey the wisdom of peacefulness by appealing to my desire to be a "warrior"... how brilliant! And as I got older, I came to appreciate the depth of wisdom that is available through careful reading and re-reading of his work.

Although I cannot capture the full profundity of Trungpa's teachings, this biographical "glimpse" is inspired by the concepts that most stand out in my mind after having continually re-read Trungpa's work over the course of many years. They include the "genuine heart of sadness," which acknowledges compassionately the way things are for suffering beings, and important concepts such as "Nowness." How should I convey the appreciation I feel for this teacher whose words influenced me at a crucial time in my youth and continue to help me today? Many people try to write impressive words, but few succeed in impressing readers the way Chogyam Trungpa impressed upon me the importance of courage and compassion in meditation practice.

The MINI-BIO
A Biographical Vignette

A "portrait" painted in words...
Here is a gift that comes from the heart.
You can do for Mom or Dad what they would
never do for themselves.


  • A unique gift that celebrates the person receiving it.
  • Professionally written according you your special instructions.
  • Goes well with photo albums and scrapbooks.
  • Kept affordable, because we care! Only $102.20

Why Should I Try a Mini-Bio?
Just as a painter of portraits creates art based on what she or he sees, our professional writers take inspiration from the messages, photos, and any other information you and others want to send us as the basis for a "portrait painted in words." For an example of a Mini-Bio, click here.

Too Many Life-Stories Go Untold...

The person who receives this gift will know that it came from the heart, because we need to get their biographical information from you. By casually exchanging a few email messages and answering some questions, you and your family will make it possible for us to write someone's life story or the story of a marriage, a career, or any other meaningful experience.

Every biography has an underlying truth that is exemplified by the person's life-story. What is the unifying theme expressed by this person's way of life?


  • Tell your mother's story several perspectives, or
  • Tell the story of your parents' marriage...
  • This can be a timeless treasure for your family.
Send your questions or special instructions to:



IMPORTANT: If you need help with any kind of writing project,
For samples of our high-quality writing,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell your Facebook friends about the $40 Strategic Edit at DoctorMyDocument.com